Wednesday 7 March 2012

A new dawn

Well a lot has changed in my life over the past couple of
months.

I have now scaled the mountain and can finally say
that after three years of training, several stints of various work experiences
and lots of persistence, that I am a paid journalist.

I have been given the break by Cornwall Living Magazine, put
together by Engine House Media.

Cornwall Living is a new venture set up by the man
responsible for founding Bath life and a number of similar titles. Andy Forster
loves Cornwall having had a holiday home here for several years and after
selling his media empire, he has relocated and is looking to replicate the
success he experiences further up the line.

Cornwall Living comes with a
precise game plan. We will be producing a glossy magazine filled with editorial
gold and will be distributing 35,000 copies strategically across the county.

The plan targets the more
affluent areas of Cornwall with copies being delivered through letter boxes,
into hotels and holiday homes and into local businesses.

It is estimated that each
copy will be read three times, meaning an overall readership of over 100,000.

By targeting the more
affluent readership, we address those with disposable income, a point that
helps sell advertising to fund the magazine and gives it a more upmarket feel.

I have now been working here
for a few weeks and have written about a number of different things that I have
never covered before, such as art and housing. I am also responsible for a
large section covering the RNLI and have honed my interview skills quite
considerably.

As we approach the first
launch, it is certainly an exciting time to be working here at Engine House
Media and I am delighted that I finally got my break.

Never give up!
www.enginehousemedia.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment