Friday 14 March 2014

Progress

So already three months have zipped by and we are a quarter of a way through 2014.

We've survived the storms and now can begin looking forward to beach days, Flora Day, barbecues, summer bike rides and beers in the sun.

On the employment front I've taken giant strides so far in 2014.

I am now employed by the West Briton on a freelance basis, regularly contributing articles on a variety of subjects and this week claimed my first page.

It's nice to once again be getting paid for what I studied hard towards and I'm hoping my three days in the office will act as a foot in the door.

To supplement my income I'm working for a local sign company, doing sales, quotes and getting out to meet clients. I'm enjoying the work and can now, as a result, add another string to my bow.

However, all this 9-5 lark has once again given me itchy feet.

I'd love to take off for another lengthy trip but I now have professional interests at home and another long trip would only serve to take me back the position that I found myself in when I returned from America back in December.

I long one day to travel all around South America taking in Argentina, Colombia, Brazil and Bolivia amongst other places, but that will have to wait a few years now. At least it'll give me time to brush up on my Spanish.

I'm hoping to jet off to Thailand for a couple of weeks in September just so I have something to look forward to and save towards.

Thailand is renowned as being a combination or culture, partying and beaches and all of these components are of great interest to me.

Unfortunately no festival line-ups have really grabbed my attention this year so I may just opt for Boardmasters as it's just around the corner and we could potentially muster a decent crowd for the weekend.

On a footballing note I'm looking forward to the biggest game of my life on Easter Monday when we take on Veryan in the Junior Cup Final. This season has been a mixed bag for me with my season being interrupted by my trip to America. 

I have been in and out of the team since, but now appear to have won my place back so fingers crossed I can maintain my form and get a start in the showcase event and put in a performance that my family and friends know that I'm capable of.

It's also great to see Argyle mounting a promotion push. As a fan it's been a difficult few years and it's great to see us on our feet again and I'm looking forward to getting to as many games as I can between now and the end of the season.

So, in reflection, the start of 2014 has been productive thus far and I'm hoping to continue the forward momentum to have a successful year and keep an acceptable balance between work and leisure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment