Wednesday 30 October 2013

Austin,Texas

Rooftop bars, nightly live music and a youthful vibe are amongst the reasons why Austin is one of the up and coming cities in the US right now.

Austin is the capital of live music and a casual stroll along Sixth Street will lead you past a plethora of bars and venues, all with several performers taking the stage each evening.

I arrived in the evening and was immediately confronted by the sweltering Texas heat. Even in late October the humidity is sky high and a simple stroll around usually results in breaking into a sweat.

Truth be told there isn’t a great deal to do in Austin by day, as the residents go about their daily lives and routines, but by night the place explodes into life.

It’s 5-30 and I’m sat here trying to resist the urge to go out again tonight, to do so I am constantly reminding myself of how I felt this morning and my ever dwindling budget that still has to last me three weeks.

Being the second largest state in America, it’s only natural that the place has such a strong identity and set of traditions and my cowboy spotting tally chart had reached four by the time I’d even left the airport.

Anyway, wish me luck as I try to resist the urge of Austin’s nightlife tonight, with tomorrow being Halloween, which is practically as big as Christmas here, I don’t think this self-discipline will last another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment