Monday 28 October 2013

Oddly enough I'm leaving San Diego with my first little regret of the trip. I was meant to visit Tijuana, Mexico on the Saturday with a trip organised by the hostel. Unfortunately I allowed myself to be persuaded to go to the college football game instead with the promise of being able to sample a piece of college life.

Although a football game can be ticked off my American objectives list, I can't help but feel that I should have went to Mexico instead. Hopefully the chance will present itself in the future again at some point and no way will I allow myself not to take it.

I was also meant to attend a concert with Alkaline Trio and New Found Glory, two bands I have liked for a while. Fortunately I've already seen Alkaline Trio before, but due to public transport schedules on a Sunday night I was unable to attend.
 
No public transport route running would have allowed for me to get there and back again after the show and a taxi would have amounted to a small fortune. 

A little observation I have cottoned onto so far is that for a country of such size and global importance of the USA, the public transport actually lacks far behind the USA's European counterparts, particularly at the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment