Sunday 13 October 2013

Goodbye San Francisco

It is with great sadness that my time in San Francisco is coming to an end. The city possesses a unique vibe and feel good factor that really captures the imagination and the smiles on the faces of the locals are evidence.

I have also been fortunate that the weather has been glorious each day, meaning that the vantage points overlooking the city become even more photogenic.

Yesterday I took a trip to the iconic Lombard Street, the world’s most crooked street and star of many films and TV programmes over the years. Despite being flooded with people jockeying for the best photo, the street is actually magnificent and well worth a visit.

With the temperature rising further, today I took a trip to Washington Park to indulge in a spot of people watching in the sun and was greeted by a celebration parade marking Columbus Day. Although I didn’t have a clue what was going on, it was certainly the longest parade I’ve seen, marching band and all.

As they say, all good things come to an end and tomorrow I move on.


Thanks San Francisco, it’s been a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment